Veterans Programs
Free Tuition for Veterans
1 min read

This program pays the cost of your state college or university undergraduate classes if you're a veteran who was honorably discharged. If you qualify, you can get one month of free tuition for each month you served in the military and pay for up to four years of school. 

How do I apply?

To apply, contact the South Dakota Department of Veterans Affairs at 877-579-0015.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone