Veterans Programs
Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) Program
1 min read

This program gives you money to help pay for classes at an Illinois college, university or trade school if you're a veteran with an honorable discharge. You will get money if you're enrolled in a two- or four-year school and do not drop below your school's lowest grade point average. 

How do I apply?

You can apply online. You can also print and fill out the application form and return it to the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone