Veterans’ Special Housing Grants
1 min read

This program gives you money to make your home easier to move around in if you're a veteran living with a service-related disability. There is money available for the following services:

  • Buying or building a home made to accommodate your disability
  • Making changes to your existing home or one you plan to buy
  • Making changes to a family member's home

The money may be used to make changes to homes within the United States and its territories. Exceptions can be made if you live in other locations.

How do I apply?
To apply for these benefits, complete VA Form 26-4555 and send the completed application to the VA Regional Office closest to you. If you have questions about the program or need help applying, call the VA benefits hotline at 800-827-1000 or visit eBenefits online.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp helps assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits assistance, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone