Aging In Place
Wichita Transit Paratransit Services and Half-Fare Program
1 min read

Wichita Transit is the public transportation system for Wichita. It includes fixed-route bus services around the city. If you are 65 years of age or older, have a disability, or have a Medicare card, you can get a Half-Fare ID card. You have to apply in advance and show certain documents.

If you cannot use the regular transit systems because of a disability, you can apply for the Wichita Transit Paratransit Services. This is a wheelchair-accessible van, and it provides shared rides on demand. Rides must be scheduled in advance. There is a fare for each ride.

How do I apply?

To apply for the Half-Fare ID card, you can download the application and submit it according to the form. Visit this website for more information.

To learn how to apply for the Paratransit Services, visit this website.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone