Tax Help
Missouri Property Tax Credit Claim Program
2 min read

How can this program help me?

This program gives you a credit (money back) on some of the property tax or rent you have paid if you are a qualifying renter or homeowner. The amount of the credit depends on how much you paid in real estate taxes and your total income. There is a separate program maximum for owners and for renters. If you are a renter, you are considered to have paid property taxes indirectly through your rent.

How do I get help?

To apply for this program, go to the program website and click on the FAQ, "How do I file for the credit?"

Forms are available on this  Missouri Department of Revenue site.

If you need to file a Missouri Income Tax Return you will use Form MO-1040 with a Property Tax Schedule MO-PTS attached.

If you do not need to file a Missouri Individual Income Tax Return you will use the Missouri Property Tax Credit Claim - MO-PTC.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone