Veterans Programs
Veterans Educational Assistance Hazlewood Act Exemption
1 min read

This program can give you money to pay for classes at a public Texas college or university if you are a qualified veteran. You will get money that's equal to 150 hours of classes. Your spouse or your children may also be able to get money. The money does not cover living expenses, books, or supply fees.

How do I apply?

To get more information on how to apply, contact the Texas Veterans Commission at 800-252-8387.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone