Tax Help
NJ Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) Program
1 min read

How can this program help me?

This program provides a reimbursement (money back) for property tax increases if you are a qualifying older adult or person with a disability. This benefit is offered by your state in addition to the help you can get from the state’s Property Tax Credit/Rebate Program, Property Tax Deduction/Credit Program, or Veterans’ Property Tax Deduction Program. The amount of money you get back depends on your situation. However, the reimbursement you receive cannot be more than the amount of property tax you paid on the home you live in.

How do I get help?

To apply for this program, print and fill out the application form. Contact your local tax assistance office to find out where to mail the completed application.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp can help you assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone