Disability Services
Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH)
2 min read

This program helps you live on your own with hearing loss or find help for someone else.  Services can include:

  • Someone who keeps a record of your care 
  • Help understanding laws about disability rights
  • People who can translate English to sign language 
  • Sign language classes
  • Permission to borrow equipment to help you hear 
  • Recommendations to find outside help
  • Help with buying the best hearing equipment

How do I get help?

To get help, please contact the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Visit their website, or call 800-882-1155. 

If you have a videophone with a camera and a screen, you can call 617-326-7546.

If you use a teletypewriter, or TTY, you can call 800-530-7570. A teletypewriter is a machine you connect to your telephone. It lets you type a message to an operator, who will read it to the person you are calling.

Frequently Asked Questions

See What Key Benefits Programs You May Qualify For

BenefitsCheckUp helps assess whether you can get help from programs before you apply. Answer questions anonymously to find out if you may be eligible for key benefits assistance, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Medicaid, Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - Extra Help, among others. 

two women looking at cellphone